|Title||Wealth Management Associate Lawyer, Future Partner|
|Categories||Associate Jobs, Partner Jobs|
|Salary||Negotiable – AAE – US$|
Wealth Management Associate Lawyer, Future Partner.
Salary package to be disclosed on meeting.
We are seeking to locate a senior lawyer for a Partner job based in our clients Florida/California office.
Dealing with HNI – UK Expats.
Executive Search starts July 2014 for appointment in early 2015.
Our client, an expanding law firm with quality heritage stretching back for many decades are seeking to appoint a senior probate, trusts, wills and tax expert .
They have a growing HNI private clients department that offer a full range of wealth management services.
We are looking for a very knowledgeable specialist legal professional who will be a figure head for this quality legal service department.
A client following would also be most desirable. We are seeking to appoint for our client a senior associate lawyer that has comprehensive HNI Private Client’s experience that is outlined below
This appointment is for either an American or UK lawyer to work from the Florida office. An understanding of the UK private clients legal system is required. Please contact us for an exploratory discussion, our offices are now open until 9pm every evening to take calls for this particular appointment.
Executive Search starts July 2014 for appointment in 2015.
The knowledge and work experience we seek is as follows:
• Probate, administration of trusts, tax planning advice, will drafting, drafting trusts;
• Responsibility for three admitted fee earners and five support staff;
• General probate, taxable estates, tax planning, drafting wills (including discretionary trusts). EPAs;
• Large estates (about £2-3 million) and ones including agricultural and business assets;
• Variation of wills and intestacies;
• Reporting to HMRC (ie IHT 400 and IHT 100);
• Dealing with income tax on estates and live clients. Capital Gains tax on estates and advising on CGT for live clients;
• Setting up and termination of Life policy trusts;
• Special chargeable events;
• Dealing with agricultural estates, including negotiation with HMRC over reliefs (APR and BPR etc);
• Drafting and running trusts, both lifetime and on death. Setting up trusts with HMRC;
• Variation and termination of old-style trusts. Tax in relation to commencement and running of trusts;
• Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO);
• Full member of STEP, Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA); ideal but not essential.
Trusts work experience will include:
• Trusts with an interest in possession;
• Life interest trusts;
• Fixed interest trusts;
• Accumulation and maintenance trusts;
• Relevant property trusts;
• Bare trusts;
• Advice re setting up trusts;
• Lifetime trusts;
• Asset protection trusts;
• Pilot trusts;
• Insurance trusts;
• Nil-rate band trusts;
• Vulnerable beneficiaries;
• Trusts on death;
• Deeds of Variation to effect introduction of trusts into will;
• Life interests for asset protection;
• Use of deeds of variation to test availability of APR and BPR;
• Advice re. “relation back” principle (2 year exits);
• Advice on tax consequences of setting up trusts, IHT and CGT;
• Advice re 7-year cumulation and 14-year longstop;
• Calculation of tax charge on death within 7 years and submission of IHT 100;
• Availability and impact of APR and BPR;
• Advice re compliance with TA 2000;
• Investment criteria;
• Risk profiling;
• Notification to HMRC;
• Dealing with DV re-values;
• Form 41g;
• Considering valuations;
• Creation of sub-trusts using dispositive powers;
• Running of complex Trusts;
• Annual returns HMRC Drafting trust accounts;
• Drafting trust and estate income tax returns;
• Drafting R 185 income tax certificates;
• Liaising with accountants and IFAs;
• Annual trustees’ meetings and associated memoranda of trustees resolutions;
• Consideration of IFAs recommendations and advice to trustees;
• Exits from Trusts;
• Advice re tax effect of payment out of trust;
• IHT 100;
• IHT and CGT effect;
• Dissolution of trusts (old style): use of Saunders v Vautier: Deeds of Partition and tax consequences thereof;
• Trusts with an interest in possession;
• Calculation of tax liability of trustees on death of life tenant;
• Contentious Trusts and litigation work prior to trial;
• Advice to trustees re disclosure of documents (eg letters of wishes);
• Advice to trustees on claims by potential beneficiaries;
• Advice to beneficiary re use of overriding power of appointment to defeat wife’s claims against estate of deceased husband.
This is could be a future partner job with all of the responsibilities associated with being a partner of a law firm.
For further details please contact us on 954 378 9414
Speak to either – Jonny Scott-Slater or Ashley Armstrong LLM;
Send your CV to – email@example.com
Confidentiality is assured at all times.